Thursday 15 March 2012

The Balmoral Boot & Shoe

Today, I will write about Buttoned Balmoral Boots and Shoes. Items not seen on many men today, especially when speaking of buttoned Balmoral boots or shoes.


Above is a sample of a two toned Balmoral boot made by London Bespoke Shoe Maker,
WS Forster & Sons Bespoke Boots and Shoemaker.  Note the functional buttons on the boots above.



The below two toned Balmoral shoe, stitched cap toe, is a creation of an Italian Bespoke Shoe maker, whom I can not recall at the moment.




The below two toned Balmoral boots are creations of the venerable Austrian Bespoke
Shoe Maker, Scheer in Vienna.

Also on Scheer's boots (buttoned), note the functional buttons.



The below two toned Balmoral is a creation of an Italian Bespoke Shoe maker,
whom I can not recall at the moment.

Note that the boots below do not have functioning buttons.
What a shame....never-the-less, beautifully made and well done.

Compare the first boot to the last, the missing functional buttons, is the like of today's mens jackets, with kissing cuffs.  Not very sartorial, but most men will settle for less. The functioning buttons would add a bit of elegancy to the boot.



I have a very soft spot for functional Buttoned Balmoral Boots (BBB) & shoes, I am expecting my BBB in the near future. A year from now, will post once I have received them.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to know where do i purchase these wonderful and beautiful shoes.;..Email me a@ llgreene53@yahoo.com ..Please!! I ..I am a shoe collector of odd and different shoes.I love the craftsmanship of these shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. l love this shoes

    ReplyDelete