Friday 6 July 2012

Shoe of the weekend- Jan Petter Myhre

Some time ago I blogged about the Nordic bespoke shoe industry and I lamented that the Nordic has very few bespoke shoemakers, one being Mr. Jan Petter Myhre from Oslo (Norway). Mr. J. P. Myhre makes very intriguing, classical, elegant, timeless and stylish shoes. The shoes I have seen are mostly English inspired, due to the fact that Mr. Myhre is Lobb trained. He offers ready to wear and bespoke services.


For the weekend I chose a bespoke rendition of the side gusset by Mr. Myhre. 
I adore the simple renditioning of the shoe, no punching, brogues, simple stitched cap toe and that colour, ah... just beautiful. Three piece wooden shoe trees come with this beauties. 


The simple side gusset 


The side gusset is my favourite style of shoe. Easy for travelling and can substitute laced oxfords when attending formal events. No need to carry more pairs of shoes when travelling, as these beauties will save you, whatever the occassion.


Photo sourced from Mr. Jan Petter Myhre.

No comments:

Post a Comment